Dan Reeder creates "Screamers" AMAZING!!

HALLOWEEN!!

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

"Go Animate" Peanut Allergy Animation

GoAnimate.com: Peanuts by Reluctant Blogger

Like it? Create your own at GoAnimate.com. It's free and fun!

The One Minute Painting

Color Schemes

Butterfly Animoto

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Thing # 11.5

I liked all of my discoveries that were successful. However, the items that were not successful made me feel like a bit of a failure. I still have not successfully downloaded or uploaded a video to my blog. But I can download a video from Discovery Education and show the teachers how to do it. Most of the video sites I went to, you can just play it from the site. Oh well. I was able to capture my screen, but still no success with posting it to my blog. I feel rushed to get through all the things by the deadline. I also felt rushed to get through the 23 things.
I would like the opportunity to do the"things" during a long semester, so I can actually give it my full attention, and get help with the things that I am having trouble with. Why does it always have to be during the summer. Why can't we have a fall and/or spring semester to do the things.
I feel like I work hard during the school year and would like the summer to choose what I want to do. I have to work during the summer, so that does not leave much time for play or fun or travel or visiting family. I need to do all these things to re-charge by mind, body and soul and get ready to greet a new year with enthusiasm. I always take classes during the summer, and review books so it's not that I don't want to do anything in that vein, but I want to make the choices for what I will be doing during the summer. If we had the option to do the "things" during a long semester, I could do that, get the help I need and still have the freedom to choose what I want my summer to be. I'm not saying help was not available, I'm just saying that by the time I am finished teaching summer school, it's a mad dash just to try and get through the things. I love doing the things, they are super, and will be great for the kids and teachers, I would just like to have some flexibility/choices on when and how long I have to do the things.
Remember, we want to teach to all types of learners, I am the type of learner that moves slower, does NOT like to be rushed and needs to think about things, repeat things in order to really get them inside my brain. That does not mean that I am stupid, it just means that I have a different way of learning and remembering what I learn. I think we need to be aware of different learning styles and offer some options for people.

No comments: